Subscription boxes have popped up in just about every category lately – beauty, fitness, food, you name it! Personally, I love subscription boxes. I find it to be a relatively inexpensive way to try out a lot of different products. The latest one I tried is Rocksbox and I am loving it so far!
What is it?
Rocksbox is a try-before-you-buy subscription service for jewelry.
How does it work?
When you sign up, you get sent a box of three pieces of jewelry. Unlike some subscription boxes, you can actually choose the pieces that you get. You can add items to your wish list, and then before the box ships out, you have 24 hours to swap out any of the items if you would prefer something else. Once you receive the box, you can keep the pieces for as long as you like, and then you eventually decide what you want to buy. If you don’t want to buy anything, you can ship them all back and then you get your next box!
How much does it cost?
The cost for a membership is $21 a month. The good news is you can use that $21 toward one of the pieces of jewelry if you decide to purchase it. Most of the pieces are around $40 so it takes about half off the price!
What I liked:
- There is a great selection of jewelry from popular designers like Kendra Scott and Kate Spade.
- You can add things that you like to your wish list, so that you have a say in what pieces get sent to you each month.
- I love being able to try out the jewelry for a few weeks before committing because it’s a true test of whether I will actually wear the pieces or not.
What I didn’t like:
- You have to use the $21 credit within the month, so if I don’t want to buy any pieces that month, I feel like I’m not fully utilizing my membership cost
- Sometimes I’ll really like one or two of the pieces but I don’t like the third, so it would be nice if I could swap out one item without having to ship all three back
Overall, I really love this service and plan to continue using it! If you want to give Rocksbox a try, you can use my code JULIAHBFF45 and get your first month FREE! If you have any questions that I didn’t cover, let me know in the comments below!